If your food has parasites, bacteria, and viruses, then you will suffer from Food Poisoning. Well, food poisoning happens nowadays because of a poor diet. People often eat foods that are stored in the fridge for even 2 days. If you see some unusual appearance of the food and it smells different, throw it away without thinking twice.
Do’s and Don’ts while having Food Poisoning:
If you have food poisoning, do these things to get rid of it:
- Drink a lot of liquids like electrolytes, vegetable broth, etc.
- If you lose your appetite, then don’t eat.
- If you are hungry, eat plain food like cereal, bananas, toast, honey, oats, rice, etc.
- Take plenty of rest.
Don’t do these things:
- Don’t eat spicy foods like chilies, fast foods like fried food, alcohol, caffeine, etc.
- Don’t eat refrigerated foods.
- Refrain from using unwashed hands while eating.
Symptoms of Food Poisoning:
- Stomach Ache
- Loss of appetite
These symptoms can vary from type to type or from person to person. But, in this case, you have to be careful and start treating immediately. If you still have pain, consider consulting with your doctor for additional treatments.
- Adding honey to your freshly extracted Ginger gives you relief from food poisoning. It can cure your diarrhea and vomiting problems.
- Boil a cup of water with Jerra in it. Consume this drink 2-3 times throughout the day.
- Bananas help to regain electrolytes after you are suffering from diarrhea. You can eat it as it is, or you can add curd to it.
- The most common liquid that all medicine stores have is ORS(Oral Rehydration Solution). It will help you to regain electrolytes in your body. Mix a packet of ORL into a 1-liter bottle and shake it well before drinking it.
If you are still suffering from food poisoning, it is time to see a doctor. If you see blood in your stool, contact your doctor immediately. Don’t eat the cooked meal after 1-2 days because it can cause food poisoning in your body. Stay Healthy!
Also, Read: 10 Odia Dishes