Odisha, a lesser-known state of India, has lots of amazing facts that you just learned. Some people may say that they know about Odisha, that the world-famous Puri Rath Yatra originated from Odisha, or Bhubaneswar is called temple city and Sports capital, then these are not only amazing facts. Some other amazing facts about Odisha can surprise you in no time.
10 Amazing Facts about Odisha:
1. Do you know about the Leaning Tower of Pisa? Well, Odisha has its own leaning tower. If you are ever planning to visit Sambalpur, visit the Leaning Temple of Huma.
2. How can one forget about Daringbadi? It is said to be “Kashmir of Odisha.” This winter, plan a visit to Daringbad and enjoy the snowfall. It is such an unexpected phenomenon in such a place in Odisha.
3. If you count the total population of Odisha, you can see that Odisha is bigger than some popular countries in the world, like Canada. Did you know this fact? Well, it is our Odisha.
4. The oldest rock is found in Mayurbhanj. When those were tested, it was found that those rocks were 3 Billion years old. Isn’t it amazing to know?
5. Until 2008, police were using pigeons to send messages to remote places in Odisha. After 2008, the Government of Odisha made transportation facilities in such areas.
6. Visit Chandipur Beach in Odisha, where water plays hide and seek around 5 kilometers with every high and low tide.
7. The Puri Jagannath Temple in Odisha is one of the four Dhams where around 400 cooks cook for over 10,000 people every day. The interesting fact about this is that cooked food never gets sorted out even if there are more people, and it always goes to use.
8. Dhanu Yatra is the world’s largest outdoor theater. Odisha hosts it every year.
9. Nandankanan Zoological Park in Bhubaneswar has the only White Tiger Safari in the world. It also has the largest Lion Safari in India.
10. In Similipal Park, there are all the varieties of Orchids in the world. You know it is the only place where you can see all kinds of Orchids.
There are many more amazing facts about Odisha, but here, only 10 amazing facts you learned about Odisha are listed.