By taking necessary steps toward implementing phased wise unlock, recently the MHA- Ministry Of Home Affairs issued new guidelines for implementation of Unlock 1.0 and Lockdown 5.0. As per the new guidelines, MHA has given full control to the states for strategizing lockdown. Besides, it will be the state who will be responsible for planning their unlock method.
Based on this, on Monday, Odisha State Government has issued new guidelines for the lockdown in the containment zones. On the other side, the state government also imposed a few stricter rules, such as complete shutdown on Saturday and Sunday, new night curfew timing and more. Furthermore, the government also publishes some jurisdictions for workplaces.
Lockdown in containment zones
As per the new guidelines, the lockdown 5.0 will remain in force in all the containment zones in Odisha till 30th June 2020. However, only the essential activities or services can operate in these zones.
People can’t come in or go out of the contentment zones, except the movements related to medical emergencies.
Implementation of Unlock 1.0 in Odisha
Here are the activities or establishment that will remain closed till 30th June 2020
- All the religious places.
- International flight operations expect the flight operations permitted by MHA.
- Swimming pools, gyms, bars, cinema halls, assembly halls, parks, auditoriums and other similar places.
- Social or political gatherings, academic, cultural functions, sports or entertainment functions and more.
- Colleges, schools, coaching, training and other educational institutions will remain closed till 31st July 2020.
- Night curfew will remain active from 7PM to 5AM.
Here are the activities that are permitted by the state government, but with a few restrictions.
- All the hotels can function but they can do that only with 30 per cent capacity. For in-house guests, restaurant services will remain open.
- Hotels and restaurants are allowed for tea takeaways or home delivery of food.
The state authority has advised the public to wear a mask in public places, during transport and in offices. Besides, people will follow all the guidelines issued by the state government, or else they will be penalized.