The Vivo IPL 2021 point table clearly depicts that both these teams have been struggling with their worst batting condition. Mumbai Indians has won 4 of eight matches, and KKR has occupied three of eight in this year. Both these teams have highlighting batting performers. Mumbai has endured batting with Surya Kumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, and Pandya brothers. Similarly, KKR has also ruled batting with Eoin Morgan, Subhman Gill backed up by Andre Russell.
Despite having a great batting lineup, both these teams have not made much news this season. The big match today will decide who is going up in points table and who is crawling down.
MI vs. KKR, who has a better chance of winning?
When it is about MI vs. KKR, MI dominates KKR with 12 wins in 13 face-offs. However, there are much more injuries in the MI squad this season. This brings a greater chance for KKR to make those stats look a little better. Two key players of MI are injured in two successive games.
- Andre Russel has faced the most number of balls from Jashprit Bumrah compared to any other bowler. He holds a magnificent score of 51 from 40 balls against Jasprit Bumrah. On the other hand, Dinesh Karthik also has a record of 54 from 33 against Bumrah.
- Russell can be a great card to play in death Over of Mumbai. Kieron pollard being the most powerful hitter has only scored 15 from 25 balls of Russell.
- The last time both of them met, KKR delivered spin in the first five overs. This time they also have added Harbhajan Singh for a better spell.
Stats that matter!
- No doubt the lineup contains some brutal death-over hitters. But, both these teams have the worst death-over-scoring rates compared to all other teams. Mumbai Indians have 8.62, and KKR having 9.02, is struggling to perform in the death overs.
- Subhman Gill is all set to play his 50th IPL match; that can bring some records.
- Rohit Sharma, with 982 runs, falls only 18 runs short of becoming the first batsman to score 1000 against any single opposition.
With stats, reports, KKR has a great chance of winning. But you never know, Vivo IPL 2021 being the most unpredictable game, can also turn the side in last over