After a report was released by the Google researchers about the vulnerabilities in the software of iPhone that could leak your confidential information, Apple has lashed out on these researchers. It said that they’re rooting up fear in the mind of the users without proper research and whatever they’re saying is completely baseless. Apple also cleared out the air regarding the claims that the potential hackers could get access to the device of the users after the recent update in the Apple software and said that these claims are just to stock fear in the mind of the users. Apple released a statement on this Friday where it completely disputed all these claims and tried to ignite trust in the mind of the users regarding its product and services.
The attack on Apple was not a complete exploit of iPhones in masses; rather, it was narrowly focused on the security threat that the new generation of iPhone could cause to the user. The earlier attacks that were recounted by the researchers too were mainly related to the Muslim ethnic group of Uyghur community. Apple cleared the air saying that after six months of the release of iOS patches, Google’s post was released and it created a false impression regarding the mass exploitation to accurately monitor the activities of the entire population in real time. Apple further said that the earlier attacks which had been taken into consideration by the researchers indicate that the website attack was operational and only lasted for a brief period which was around two months and not two years.
Apple also said that when Google approached them, they were in the process to fix the bugs. Google, on the other hand, defended its entire finding by stating to CNN.